The perfect blog to follow a savoury dim sum one is surely something sweet and sugary? Some recipes don’t need to be messed with when it comes to creating delicious treats, so if you’re looking for a simple but tasty brownie recipe, then this one should hit the spot.
- 200g (7 oz) dark chocolate, broken up
- 250g (8 oz) butter
- 1¾ cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⅓ cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup cocoa, sifted
- 1½ cups raspberries/berries (fresh or frozen*)
- Preheat the oven to 170 deg C (355F). Place the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth
- Place in a bowl with the sugar and eggs
- Sift over the flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix to combine
- Pour into a 23cm (9 in) greased square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper
- Top the mixture with the berries and bake for 35-35 minutes or until set
- Serve warm or cold with thick (double) cream or vanilla bean ice-cream.
Cut to serve. Makes 16
*If using frozen raspberries/berries there is no need to defrost them first.