When it comes to a simple, delicious, Spring/Summer pasta dish, our go-to is Lemon Basil Pasta. Once you’ve incorporated the base ingredients, suitable with most types of pasta, you can pimp your dish and add in your other favourite ingredients (ours is tomato and rocket). It really is a quick, very easy vegetarian pasta that works perfectly with warm bread (if you want to make the lemon basil pasta stretch further) or eaten cold the next day (if there are any leftovers!). Buon appetito!
200ml olive oil
2-3 large lemons (juiced)
2 large garlic cloves (minced)
100g fresh basil
100g parmesan cheese (grated)
Salt and Pepper to taste
300g pasta (dried)
Pimp my dish:
150g cherry tomatoes
100g wild rocket
- In a large mixing bowl add the oil, lemon juice, minced garlic and roughly chopped basil leaves, stir and leave for flavours to infuse.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and place in the dried pasta, for 10-12 minutes.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to the mixing bowl and stir so that the pasta is well coated. Add salt and pepper to season.
- Mix in half of the grated cheese.
- This simple pasta is now ready to serve OR add in cherry tomatoes (halved) and wild rocket (roughly torn depending on leaf size), mix again and serve, using the remaining parmesan to sprinkle over each dish.
Serves 4 (with some bread on the side)
For more inspiring recipes click here.